Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Lots of shawls and a catherine wheel


This last month, I have organised a summer shawl swap on Instagram and here on the blog. Today is the last day for posting the shawls so hopefully by next week, everyone should have their new shawl with them
 
 This is the first swap I’ve ever organized and it has been a real joy to do. It was so exciting to see so many people interested in the idea and in the end there were 26 participants from 5 different countries.
 
All of us are shawl addicts :)
 
 
 
On Instagram we have been using the hashtag #summershawlswap2015 to see all of the shawls progress and because it was a totally anonymous swap (you sent to one person and received from another) everyone could post photos of their progress. I’ve already had a few emails asking if I will be hosting another swap from people who would like to take part next time, so keep your eyes open later on in the year because I feel a winter shawl swap in the near future!
 
 
Today I’ll share with you the shawl I made for my swap partner Lisa http://kandipandi.blogspot.com.es/
 
 
 I made the pattern Blue Lagoon by Lily Go in a 50% silk, 50% merino sock yarn.
 
 
 
 
When the rest of the shawls reach their owners I’ll share more photos of them :)
~
 
 
If you are a fan of the Catherine Wheel stitch, check out Simply Crochet this month.
 
I’ve designed a stitch section for them using the stitch and I’ve made three easy to make projects:
 
a coffee cup cozy
 
 
a notepad cover
 
 
and a camera strap cover:
 
 

 
All of them made with the wonderful DK Cotton Classique yarn by Stylecraft:

Enjoy your week everyone! Craft lots and be happy!

10 comments:

  1. The shawls are lovely. I saw the patterns in Simply Crochet - excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I love the shawls and the colors of yarn chosen for them. Your new stitch markers are very pretty too. I LoVe stitch markers! I don't know why, I just do.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had great fun with this swap! It made me complete my first shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a very cool swap!! They are all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shawls as ever. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful shawls! The pretty stitch markers look as if they could be worn as earrings, too. Many thanks again also here for this great swap, daer Elizabeth!! And congrats on the new publication :-). Hugs, Nata

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shawls are beautiful, so glad the swap was a success.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for organizing this fab swap, so many gorgeous shawls, my list of makes are growing. I adore the shawls that you made and received. Deb x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I love reading every single one - they really make my day :) I try to answer each and every comment by email or on your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...