Friday, October 17, 2014

Free pattern and tutorial: Creepy Halloween Coasters


There are exactly two weeks left until Halloween and today I am going to share with you a free pattern and tutorial I have made to make some Creepy Halloween Coasters.

 
 

This project is a mixed media one as it uses felt pieces and a crochet edge.
 
You can find and download the pattern, written and charted, completely free in my Ravelry store:
 
 
Once you download the pattern, here are the steps you need to follow.
 
Get the materials ready:
 
 
 

Using a piece of paper, draw and cut out a circular template that measures 8.5 cm / 3.34”. Pin this template onto the felt and cut out.


Fold template in half, then in half again, then in half once more:

 
 
Use a pen to mark each of these folds and then mark once more in between each of the lines:
 
 
 
 
 
Pin the template back onto the felt:
 
 
 
 
And using the marks you've just drawn onto the template as a guide, use a sharp needle to make 16 holes about 1 cm in from the edge:
 
 
 
 
Blanket stitch around the felt circle:
 
 
 
 
If you haven't used the blanket stitch before there is a great tutorial on YouTube here
 
 
 
Attach the yarn using a slip stitch:
 
 
 
 
 

Now you’re ready to follow the pattern!

 

When you’ve finished the pattern, block the coaster to get a neat finish:

 
 
 
 
And this is what the finished coaster looks like:
 
 
 
 
 
Great to be added to any Halloween table!
 
 
 
 
I hope you enjoy the pattern and I would love it if you send me a link / photo of your project!
 
 
Have a happy weekend!
 

10 comments:

  1. Very nice coasters,cute!!
    Happy weekend.:*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Qué chulos, muchas gracias por las explicaciones.
    Con tu permiso, creo que me animaré a tejerlos.
    Un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea, I love them.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are amazing, a really clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this and all the lovely things in your last post. I know that Joy will love the shawl! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Elisabeth! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog and for becoming a Follower!
    Wow! I love your coasters… so pretty in the orange and black… they are fab for a Halloween party! :-)
    Hope you have a lovely Monday!
    Hugs Sue B xx


    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous Halloween coaster, your crochet creations are wonderful.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely coaster! Thanks for sharing!
    Love from Lisbon,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I love reading every single one - they really make my day :) I try to answer each and every comment by email or on your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...