Sunday, September 28, 2014

All at sea shawl number 2, doily cardigan and some bavarian crochet

 Happy Autumn everyone!
 
I hope you've been enjoying these first few days of the season. Any day now I'll be able to start wearing my crochet shawls and I can't wait :) I love this time of year, autumn is my favourite season. What is yours and why?
 
 
~
 
I've made another version of my All at Sea Shawl from Simply Crochet 22:
 
 
 
This one was a gift for my mom in law and she loved it! She really liked the yarn I used. It's Premier Yarns Serenity Garden and the colour is called Crocus. It's a 5ply/sport weight yarn so it's bigger  and I only did two repeats of the pattern.


 
 
~
 
I've also finished my doily cardigan:

 
This was fun to make and so easy. I'll be making more of these, it's so simple to adapt a doily pattern to make it into a cardigan, just chain enough space to leave two arm holes and follow the rest of the pattern as it says.
 
 
~
 
I had a go using a new crochet technique this week too, Bavarian Crochet.
 

 
I used some of my cotton stash and made a holder for my phone to sit on when it's on my desk:

 
I love those colours together! So bright and cheerful :)
 
There is a really great tutorial by Crochet Geek on YouTube if you want to try out the stitch.
 
~
 
Have a happy Sunday!

17 comments:

  1. Impressive work !!! Love the colors you used and the combinations of them for the bavarian crochet. I also like very much autumnal colors because they're really inspiring. By now, I got a lot of pjects with these colors. Have a nice sunday too !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous creations !!!
    Have a great week !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your shawls, they are so pretty! And the colours are beautiful. It's sad to see summer end but it's so nice to have pretty warm things to wear in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creations, particularly love the colour of the shawl. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful creations!!!
    Happy week.:*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course she is going to love that shawl, it is gorgeous as is your amazing doily vest. I love everything you make.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful shawl and cardigan the colours of both are lovely. My favourite season is Spring, I hate the cold weather and the dark nights, although it is lovely to snuggle up in something warm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, your cardigan!!! That is just stunning!!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty, pretty!! Beautiful works Elisabeth :-). Have a good week! Nata xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The shawl and the cardigan both are amazing....

    Hugs,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those makes, the shawl is fantastic. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bonito Chal, ya va haciendo fresquito así que lo podrás lucir.....
    bonitas creaciones.
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for the pattern for this beautiful shawl - I've made it and love it!! Just written a post about it, please take a look when you get chance
    http://amjaylou.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/all-at-sea-shawl.html
    Amanda XX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Elizy! Lovely creations!!! I especially love the violet shawl, so beautiful!
    Happy Autumn to you!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Unas labores impresionantes.
    Menudo trabajo el cardigan y el chal es muy bonito.
    Un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Unas creaciones muy bonitas.
    Esas lanas son preciosas.
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I love reading every single one - they really make my day :) I try to answer each and every comment by email or on your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...