Thursday, August 14, 2014

Throwback Thursday and lots of grannies

Here are a couple of photos of a pattern I had published two years ago:
 
 
 
The shawl is called Sunset Shawl and I can’t believe two whole years have passed since the magazine came out!
 
 
 
I’ve been spending a lot of time on Instagram recently (you can find me there: elizyart_crochet) and throwback Thursday is something that I’ve really enjoyed so I’ve decided to do it on my blog too!
 
 
 
~
This week I haven’t finished any of my WIPs but I did start and complete a little project. I’ve been making granny squares to send to a yarn bomb that is taking place in California in a few weeks’ time.
 

I have had so much fun making granny squares! I’d forgotten how easy they are to make and how soothing the repetitive process is, it’s the perfect project to work on in the evening to relax.
 
 
I made plain granny squares:
 

 
 
Decorative ones:


 
 
 
 
And this final one is my favourite. I love the colours in the yarn.
 
 
Here is my little bundle of crochet ready to be mailed to Santa Barbara:

 
 

 Once the yarn bomb is over the pieces will be used to make blankets for the needy. That's why I chose to make granny squares and flowers, I'm hoping it will be easy to recycle them into a blanket.
 
You can find out more information and participate over at yarnbomber.com

 
 
~
 
 
Anyway, I had so much fun making these, that I’ve even started a granny project.
 
 
 
 
Yes, that’s right, ANOTHER wip! I had a bit of a disaster on the first granny though:

 
I fixed it with a different skein of yarn and don’t think it shows too much.
 
 
~
 
How is your week going so far? What have you been making? And has anyone ever taken part in a yarn bombing project before?
 
Have a great day!
 

14 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea yarn bombing, particularly when the squares are going to be made in to blankets for the needy. I loved your shawl, very impressive having a pattern published.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shawl is beautiful :) and what a wonderful yarnbombing project! So nice that it will all be recycled for a good cause. I love a good granny project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful shawl!!!
    Very nice squares!!
    Greetings.:*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your shawl, it is very elegant! Congrats on being a published designer! Love the yarn bombing project and the repurposing of your squares. Wonderful idea! Have a great week Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. That shawl is so gorgeous Elizabeth, you should be so proud.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your shawl, it's a timeless pattern. We visited Kew Gardens last week and a couple of trees had been yarn-bombed - what a fun project to get involved in.
    Have a happy weekend,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I like the starry beauty! Very nice design! Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes making a granny square is the only thing that soothes my soul! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely shawl, lovely squares !
    Have a great weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Shawl is very beautiful....love the granny squares, blankets for the needy is a wonderful idea...

    God bless,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great !
    Greetings from Poland :)
    Katarzyna


    www.sajuki.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great shawl and so pretty grannies! Grannies are something classic that you always can do and enjoy :D. Greetings, Nata

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that shawl ... it's a gorgeous color. And I do love making grannies. That little bundle of squares is lovely.
    Best wishes,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I love reading every single one - they really make my day :) I try to answer each and every comment by email or on your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...